Reflection

Over the course of the trimester, technical communication one has taught me the standards of writing a formal email and report. During class activities, our professor would interact with us while teaching and would constantly prompt us to recite from the slides displayed on the screen. Our class also uses blogger for work submission, which is very different from other modules. With such class engagements, this gave us the opportunities to express our thoughts and prepare ourselves for future presentations. Overall, our professor encourages active learning for the class, which has helped me to develop and achieve my goal I have set for myself at the start of the term.

During the showcase, I was part of the committee in charge of handling the food catering. When the presentation started, I got to learn how an actual formal presentation and sales pitch can be delivered. After listening to the industrial partner spoke, it gave me an insight into what the professionals would take note of. However, due to the setting up of the buffet, I had to step out of the presentation to oversee the setup. The feedback received by the students and professors for the quality of the food was relatively positive. However, the quantity of the food was limited, as people queuing at the back of the buffet did not manage to consume any. From my observation, the judges had to queue up very long to take their food. The audience should have remain seated while the judges and presenters went out to take the food first.

Comments

  1. Thanks for this final reflection, Evan. I appreciate your effort with this assignment, with the showcase and witrh the module in general. Best wishes as you continue your learning journey at SIT and beyond.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts